Bethel Women's Ministry

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Thought for the Day

This is taken from an email from the AOG Women's Ministry:

On Good Works
“To do what is right and just is more acceptable to the LORD than sacrifice” (Proverbs 21:3, NIV).

We can teach a Sunday School class, lead a Bible study, sing in the choir, homeschool our kids, give up high-salary careers to spend more time with our families and still our hearts can be far from the Lord. That’s why God is more pleased when we simply trust Him and obey Him than when we do a bunch of good works. He would rather see us reach out to our neighbor and care for the poor, than be in church every time the doors are open. Remember, God isn’t interested in religion. He wants a relationship.

God, I know I can’t gain Your approval or get into heaven by way of my good works. It’s only because Jesus paid the price for my sin by dying on the cross and conquering death through His resurrection that I can be forgiven. It’s only by the righteousness You give me as a free gift that allows me the privilege of relationship with You. Thank You that by my accepting Jesus as my Savior, You accept me as Your child.

Reprinted from The Busy Mom's Guide to Wisdom by Lisa Whelchel ©2006 Howard Publishing Co., Inc. Available from Gospel Publishing House at www.gospelpublishing.com.

1 Comments:

At 10:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great reminder this is! It is so easy to get busy doing 'stuff' in the name of the Lord, yet not have a relationship with Him.

Lord I pray that you draw each of us closer to you, allow us to seek you first and be obedient to what you want us to 'do' with our time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home