Bethel Women's Ministry

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Rhubarb Custard Cake

So last week at our Wednesday night Bible study, my friend DJ came in raving about a rhubarb custard cake she had helped a friend make. I asked that friend if she had any extra rhubarb -- hence the strawberry-rhubarb pie I made early this week that symoblized the arrival of summer. Then Wednesday I made the rhubarb custard cake to take to Bible study. I decided we all had to try it since DJ had raved so much about it -- and I just happened to have enough rhubarb left to make it.

YUMMY!!!

I have no idea where Beth originally got this recipe, but I had to share it with you since so many ladies from class asked for the recipe.

Rhubarb Custard Cake

1 yellow cake mix
4 cups rhubarb, chopped
1 cup sugar
1 cup whipping cream

Mix cake mix according to package instructions. Pour into greased 13 x9 pan. Sprinkle rhubarb and sugar over the top of the cake (I mixed the two together to make sure the rhubarb was coated). Pour whipping cream over the top. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown in 350 oven. Loosen sides and flip onto serving platter. Serve warm.

Can be served with whipping cream and mint.

Easy and oh so good! Enjoy.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home