This week is a in-depth study of Esther chapter one. A few questions to consider as you read it:
- what was the timing and political climate of the story?
- Who attended Xerxes' banquet?
- what are three possible reasons Vashti might have refused Xerxes' order?
- What did Memucan advise the king to do?
- How might the thought that "it's tough being a woman in another woman's shadow" Have proved true to the wives all over Persia.
Happy studying and reading. Harmony has graciously agreed to lead the discussion on Sunday, so come ready to discuss those questions and more.