Bethel Women's Ministry

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

If I perish, I perish: thoughts from Esther


The last few weeks, the Sunday School class using the Beth Moore Esther study has been powerful. You can view the trailer here.

As with most of her studies, I am learning things I never anticipated. I love the way she has us dive into the Bible and pull it apart. And then think about what it must have been like. But the reason I'm writing about this is because Sunday we watched the 4th video session. The text focused on Esther's words "If I perish, I perish."

This study has talked a lot about destiny and stepping into the callings God has on our lives. Rich, deep, challenging thoughts and questions. But this session tackled fear. Who doesn't live in fear? As an author and an attorney, sometimes I think I'm super-hardwired for the WHAT IFs of life. What if something happens to my husband? What if something happens to one of my children? What if? What if? What if?

I challenge you to watch the video if you wrestle with fear. You can download it to watch on your computer for $4.99 here.

I am still processing the message and plan to watch it again. Wouldn't it be amazing to live in a place where it doesn't matter what our WHAT IFs and fears are. Because if _______ happens, then God will ___________.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home