Bethel Women's Ministry

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Believing God Update

For those of you who weren't able to join us tonight, don't despair. We will continue discussing the final week's study next week. We discussed day one tonight and had some really great back and forth about how God prepared Joshua for what He would later call him to do. I can't think of a time that God told Joshua to do something that He hadn't already demonstrated that He was more than able to do what He promised.

Part the Jordan River? No problem. Joshua had seen Him part the Red Sea. Cause the sun to stand still? No problem, Joshua had already seen God control battles by whether Moses' arms were raised or not. Pelt the foes with hail while leaving the Israelites standing next to them unharmed? No problem. Joshua had already seen the plagues in Egypt.

I think our lives play out in the same fashion. Rarely will God call us to gigantic leaps forward in faith. Usually, He will ask to take it a step or two farther -- to trust Him based on what we have learned from His actions on our behalf in the past.

What do you think? See in particular Exodus 24 and 33 for some intersting preparation God took Joshua through. He is so good!

2 Comments:

At 5:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just believeing that He can do all these things is unfathomable, but then again he's God.I pray I can be the women He wants me to be. Looking for a good daily devotional for my quiet time with some deep reading and some questions to answer. Any Suggestions?

 
At 7:24 AM, Blogger Leanne said...

Hi Cara,
I just "happened" upon your blogspot...I used to attend Bethel (it is where I was SAVED)... I'm very good friends with Carlee Dawodu. You actually called us once about possibly handling an adoption for us!! However, Becky Rouch became our attorney. I think God is trying to reach her...
I appreciate your ministry to my friends!
Thank you. Feel free to check out my blog...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home