Bethel Women's Ministry

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Trust and Obey

Have you ever gone through circumstances in your life where you have had to truly learn to trust in all that the Lord has for you? Not only trust but then be obedient to what he wants from you?

That is where I am.

There are different situations for each of us, and I do not know what your current situation is; God has asked us to Trust in Him, (Prov. 3:5- Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding). as the scripture in Proverbs tells us, we are to trust in Him, and not depend on what we can understand.

We think we know and have all the facts about situations, but then as times goes on we often learn 'what we did not know'(our understanding).

We are to wait on God.(Psalm 14:27 Wait! on the Lord; Be of good courage, And He will strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the Lord).

Think about this, while we are waiting on God, he is making our hearts stronger, and this my friend takes courage!

If you are at all like me, I am an active person and waiting is the last thing I want to do for any situation! So what do you do while you wait? In a waiting room I might be reading a book or talking with someone.

Think about this, while we are waiting on the Lord, we can read His word(the Bible) and talk to Him!(pray). This helps to give us more insight into what is is the Lord wants for us. It helps to strengthen us. Wow, I am all for that!

What is it that the Lord is sharing with you? What are your action plans for trusting and obeying? How do you spend your time in waiting? Share your thoughts.

DJ Hartman http://dj-chocoholiclife.blogspot.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home