Bethel Women's Ministry

Thursday, January 18, 2007

God, Where are You?

Do you ever feel the need to scream that at the heavens? I'm there. Right Now. As I type.

This fall I was visiting a church back in Nebraska and heard a sermon/word about standing in the middle of a crowded fair. Instead, of having fun, we're standing there frantically spinning and looking for our Daddy.

I know God would not bring me here to leave me. But at the moment I'm having a very hard time seeing Him. It doens't mean He's not here. It just means I can't feel Him.

Anyone relate?

I know the promises. He will never leave me or forsake me. He prepares the way for me. He is my shelter. He hides me in the shadow of His wings. It doesn't mean there isn't pain and questions. By the time many of you read this, hopefully my current challenge will be resolved. But it has sent me back to my knees to see just how quickly I can go from calm and assured to desperately looking for my Daddy. For assurance. To know that I'm not alone. To know that He sees me and cares. And to know I have not been abandoned.

4 Comments:

At 7:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lord,
You know every situation that we face. You knew we would face challenages well before we did. Please put your hand on Cara now, touch her, guide her. Let her know your presence in an overwelming way tonight. You Lord know the very number of hairs on our head, and you know how desperatly Cara needs you now. Thank you Lord for meeting her right where she is!
In your precious name,

Amen!

 
At 5:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Matthew 18:19 & 20
Dj I agree with you in prayer for Cara. God I pray Cara would sense your presence in a mighty way and there would be no doubt that You are walking along side her. Lord I pray peace for Cara to flood her heart.
In Christ's Love, Harmony

 
At 6:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cara- How are you doing? Are situations improving for you> Please let us know, we all have been praying for you!

Blessings,

DJ

 
At 5:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cara... Praying this prayer over you today!

Lord, in Cara's heart she has a planned course, but you determine her steps.(Prov. 16:9) Life is not going as she planned. I am so greatful that you are not caught off guard. You knew everything that would befall her. Please direct her steps as you determine. She needs you, Lord. Carry her when she cannot walk.
Amen!

Loving holding your hand sister!
DJ

 

Post a Comment

<< Home