Bethel Women's Ministry

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Tools of Our Inheritance

Hi ladies! I’ve got to be honest with you – I’m not entirely sure where God is leading me in this message. But I can tell you that the journey toward this exclamation point of His has been incredible…humbling at times…but altogether amazing! He is good! I know in the flyer that was mailed out that my message teetered along the lines of Fear or Faith…but God has been stirring something else inside of me – and I’m still discerning which way He would have me go. At this point, there are 2 messages He is laying on my heart – and I thought the one was for the youth, and the other for the women’s retreat…but after giving the one to the youth on Sunday, it’s still burning and growing in my heart. Perhaps in His infinite wisdom, He is merging the two!

On a very basic level – my message will be more about keys to our inheritance rather than what our actual inheritance is. These keys are faith, and finding the knowledge of God. I want us to begin to understand what the knowledge of God is – Proverbs 2 tells us that we are to be searching it out and finding it. The knowledge of God goes way beyond simply comprehending that He exists, or a verbal or intellectual agreement that He is a person. It’s something much deeper than that, it’s something that goes on in the core of our being and transforms our entire lives. I believe (because the Lord has shown it to me!) the answer to finding the knowledge of God is in His Word – and that on the whole, His Bride has lost her love for the Word. It is in the secret place of the Word that our communion with Him begins and it is in this place where every other piece of our inheritance is laid out for us. We can not begin to understand or effectively use the other pieces of our inheritance until we understand this…it’s about knowing God’s heart. His Word is the lens through which we can begin to comprehend and understand not only who He is, but what He has planned for our lives…our inheritance as His daughters.

I hope you are seeking Him during this time leading up to the retreat. Don’t wait in expectation for March 9-10th for God to show up and do something amazing in your lives – He’s waiting RIGHT NOW for you to ask Him to do that! Expect amazing things from Him every second of your day. Ask Him to even now be preparing your hearts for what He would have for you during those two days. Let’s press in and meet Him on a more intimate level than ever before!

Blessings on you all!

Stacey Wisdom

1 Comments:

At 8:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stacey,
I am so excited about the direction the Lord is taking you! Shirley and I have been doing the reading of the Bible in 90 days(will we finish on Feb 26) and it has been amazing how the Lord has opened each of us up, made us more aware of Him and His promises for us.
We are looking forward to another trip through the 90 days of reading starting in March. We have seen how spending time in His word has changed us..and brought us to a better understanding of Him!
Keep being open to what the Lord has for you to share!

DJ

 

Post a Comment

<< Home